The use of the tank simulator for the crew training with no quality training drawbacks as compared to training procedures on the tank directly provides the following merits:
- Form efficient skills in the trainee's action;
- Prevent accidents in the course of the tank crew training;
- Exclude damage of fighting vehicles at wrong trainee's actions; due to saving the fuel, service life of fighting vehicles and ammunition;
- Carry out the training both for the whole crew and individually for a driver, a gunner and commander on the individual base.
In the course of training steps the trainees can carry out the following exercises:
1) Tank Driver
- Pre-starting preparation of assemblies and systems;
- Start-up and warming-up the engine;
- Operation with NBC system;
- Driving the tank over training track with various terrain profiles, soil type by day and night time under different weather conditions including surmounting the obstacles;
2) Tank Gunner and commander
- Preparation for firing from the main gun, coaxial and anti-aircraft machine guns;
- Firing from the main gun, coaxial and anti-aircraft machine guns on the move and stop position by day and night time under different weather conditions;
- Study design, operation, basics of use and system maintenance , units and assemblies positioned at tank crew working stations;
- Exercise crew's interaction using the intercom means;
- Drill the tank crew actions in case the systems, units and assemblies are in emergency state.
In training, the instructor can do the following:
- Choose the exercise type;
- Define initial conditions for carrying out the exercises;
- Simulate emergency situations;
- Control the trainee actions using the intercom and loudspeaker means; monitor and change the tank disposition on the training track;
- Monitor the sights field of view and observation devices, controls position, condition state of light indicators and switches on the gunner's board;
- Monitor and change disposition, number and image of targets on the terrain map;
- Enter the database the trainee's actions on selective basis taking into account the mistakes made;
- Reproduce the trainee's record actions on the monitor screen for making their analysis;
- Print-out the exercise results in the form of an exam sheet.
The Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau (KMDB) is a state enterprise, which is now Ukraine's leading design authority for armoured fighting vehicles and used to play a key role in the development of armoured tracked vehicles in the former Soviet Union.
The contemporary activities of the KMDB are distinguished by three main factors:
- the ability to offer customers a wide range of armoured vehicles and other products for both military and civil use, as well as obsolete vehicle upgrade packages
- the provision of equipment closely tailored to customer's individual requirements
- the availability of long-term support for the end user