Use of this facility for tank gunner training, if compared with gunner training on real tanks, makes it possible to achieve the following without any degradation of training efficiency:
* to form efficient skills in the gunnerís actions
* to exclude any possibility of damaging fighting vehicles in case the gunner makes a mistake
* to reduce expenditures on the training by means of saving fuel, ammunition and service life of fighting vehicles
* to prevent accidents when training the tank gunner
The gunner trainer includes the following:
* Gunner training station fitted with operating models of sights, observation devices, gunnerís control panel, monitors, power supply source, etc.
* Instructorís workstation, which includes a working table with two monitors installed thereon and mouse-type manipulators
* Workstations based on the up-to-date processors (Intel) and graphic controllers (Nvidia) intended to ensure the operation of mathematical models and visualisation
* Connection device intended to coordinate the operation of mathematical models, simulators of devices
The Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau (KMDB) is a state enterprise, which is now Ukraine's leading design authority for armoured fighting vehicles and used to play a key role in the development of armoured tracked vehicles in the former Soviet Union.
The contemporary activities of the KMDB are distinguished by three main factors:
- the ability to offer customers a wide range of armoured vehicles and other products for both military and civil use, as well as obsolete vehicle upgrade packages
- the provision of equipment closely tailored to customer's individual requirements
- the availability of long-term support for the end user