125 mm KBA3 tank gun is installed in main battle tanks Oplot and T-80UD.
It is successfully used when modernizing armoured vehicles, for example, tanks T-62.
It serves to:
- to defeat tanks and other armoured vehicles of the enemy;
- to suppress and destroy fire support means and personnel of the enemy.
KBA3 gun can fire separate-loading ammunition, including:
- guided missiles (GM)
- armour-piercing discarding sabot fin-stabilized projectile (APDSFS)
- high-explosive antitank projectile (HEAT)
- high explosive-fragmentation projectile (HE-FRAG)
- air-bust fragmentation-shrapnel projectile (ABFS)
Specifications of the gun
||semiautomatic with horizontal placement of the wedge
||6000 mm (L48)
|Normal recoil length
||260 to 300 mm
|Maximum possible recoil length (STOP)
|Initial pressure in the recuperator
||59 to 62 kgf/cm2
|Number of recoil brakes
|Placement of recoil brakes
||symmetrical relative to the gun bore axis
|Number of recuperators
|Resistance to recoil
|Weight of gun recoiling part
|Muzzle velocity (when firing 3VBM17 "MANGO"
|Maximum acceptable calculated gas pressure in charge chamber
|Gas pressure in charge chamber (when firing 3VBM17 "MANGO")
||5660 kgf/cm2 (at t=15°C)
|Horizontal dispersion (APDSFS and HEAT at 2000m range)
|Vertical dispersion (APDSFS and HEAT at 2000 m range)
125 mm KBA3 tank gun
KBA3 tank gun