The project was underway in 1940-1941 in an
attempt to create a new promising tank design. A number of
versions were developed, which differed in protection level and
weight. The specific feature of the project consisted in placing
the power pack in the forward part of the hull and attempting to
create a multi-purpose tank design. Development work on this
ceased as the Second World War broke out.